5 Reasons to Go Stand Up Paddle Boarding In Onslow County
Everyone is talking about stand up paddling (SUP), and this year is shaping up to be an incredible time for paddling in and around the coast of Onslow. Are you ready to hop on board and embrace the trend?
1. It’s easier than you think. Stand up paddling is easy to master, and a great way to get your entire family outside together. Mom, Dad, and the kids can paddle as a family from Hammocks Beach State Park to Bear Island.
2. Everyone’s doing it. SUP is the latest craze. Onslow County is home to a tight-knit community of paddlers and kayakers who love to take advantage of our area’s natural beauty during the warmer months of the year.
3. It makes exploring easy. Stand up paddling is a versatile way to explore shallow waters and pristine salt marsh, and the lightweight equipment makes it easy to stop your boards on the beach and let the exploring continue on land, where you’ll find rolling dunes, beautiful wildlife, and great opportunities for shell collecting.
4. Meet your fitness goals. Getting your family outside is the perfect way to stay on track with your fitness goals and promote a healthy lifestyle for your kids. Children learn when we lead by example, so spend your weekends exploring and learning new skills on the water.
5. Enjoy the view. A leisurely paddle along the coast of Onslow County offers unbeatable views of our waterfront historic towns and unspoiled beaches. Enjoy dinner on the coast, and then work it off on the water as you take in the beautiful sunset.
Rental paddle boards and kayaks are available in Swansboro from Paddle NC, where you can plan your paddling trip to the secluded Bear Island. The trip from Hammocks Beach State Park to Bear Island is one of the most beautiful paddling trails in North Carolina.