Beach maintenance and nourishment are ongoing vital initiatives at North Topsail Beach. A long-awaited storm migration renourishment project will fortify a significant portion of the beach against flooding and erosion, which will ensure that visitors and locals can continue to enjoy our coast for years to come. In order to help offset the tax impact on the local residents and property owners, The Town of North Topsail Beach will implement a “Pay to Park” Plan at all town-controlled parking areas beginning on March 1, 2021.
For your convenience, here is a complete list of the Town of North Topsail Beach Access Points by number and approximate location. The parking fees will be as follows:
Paid Parking Fees for Standard Lots:
Hourly – $ 5.00, Daily – $25.00, Weekly – $100.00, Annual – $250.00
Park By Mail Lot – (NTB07 at 4030 Island Drive)
Daily – $30.00
4X4 Drive On Lot
Daily – $25.00, Weekly – $100.00, Annual – $250.00
- Enforced 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. every day, year-round.
- Visitors must download the SurfCAST by Otto app to pay for their parking permit. The app is available for download on Apple and Android devices. Create an account and register your vehicle to pay.
- One “Pay By Mail” lot will be available for those without a smartphone.
- Residents and property owners can register two vehicles free of charge.
- Online Parking Guide
- Enforcement personnel will scan license plates at each lot multiple times per day and issue a $50 fine to those who have not paid.
- On-street parking is no longer permitted. Those parked in the right-of-way will receive a citation and fine.
NOTE: Onslow County Parks & Recreation does continue to offer free parking at four beach access sites and waterfront at North Topsail Beach.
COVID-19 Safe Travel Updates:
If you’re doing some trip planning, be sure to visit our Safe Travel Portal for up-to-date information on hotels, restaurants, and attractions.
Book your stay at North Topsail Beach at the Count-On-Me NC certified Hampton Inn & Suites North Topsail Beach Sneads Ferry, or check out additional options for accommodations in North Topsail Beach on Airbnb and Vrbo. Are you planning a longer getaway? Check out Treasure Realty for available beach rentals.
READ OUR NEXT BLOG
Have fun in North Topsail Beach and Sneads Ferry both on and off the water! Check out our Golf Getaways at NC’s Central Coast in Sneads Ferry!