We Got This Onslow
We are striving forward together and so many are rising up to meet the needs of those in and around Onslow County! Onslow County Tourism wants to feature stories shared to us from our Social Stay-In Contest, support the promotions and campaigns of our partners, give helpful tips, and highlight those who are serving and helping others in the county.
We have some many businesses, organizations, and individuals in Onslow County rising up to meet this challenge by providing support and resources during this unprecedented time. These community heroes are exactly what we need and we are providing links to their stories.
- Cracked It Escape Games is putting their 3D printer to works for the benefit of Onslow County. They are making surgical mask straps to help out doctors and nurses. Please comment on their Instagram page if you would like a strap. Also, they are hosting a Jigsaw Puzzle/Board Game Exchange.
- Sneads Ferry Rotary Club- Governor Doug Wolfe asked clubs to buy rice from Rise Against Hunger, and Sneads Ferry Rotary took up the task. The rice was delivered to our local food bank at Folkstone Free Will Baptist Church on Monday, and on Apr 28, twenty-seven Rotarians and family members came together and re-bagged 2000 lb of bulk rice into 2 lb bags in about an hour. These will now go into food bags being assembled by the food bank for distribution next week.
- Hampton Inn in Sneads Ferry - The staff at Hampton Inn Sneads Ferry – North Topsail Beach has been working hard to provide a safe and clean place for contractors, nurses, and military to stay during this time. Also, they have also been working on a project to provide hand-painted pots with flowers for the residents of Arbor Landing in Hampstead.
- U.S Travel's Health and Safety Guidance
New recommendations and checklists are offered from the U.S. Travel Association. They provide tips, safety and support as travel businesses prepare for re-opening.
DK Communications Group has created a great resource that include information for Tourism and Hospitality businesses, data from NC Restaurant & Lodging Association, and relief and support for businesses.
- NCRLA's NC Restaurant Relief Fund for restaurant and hotels employees
North Carolina Restaurant & Lodging Association has set up a NC Restaurant Relief Fund. The goal of the NC Restaurant Workers Relief fund is to provide immediate financial assistance to the tens of thousands of cooks, servers, dishwashers, housekeepers, and others who live paycheck-to-paycheck, and suddenly find themselves in distress. Who can apply: Any hospitality employee of a North Carolina restaurant or hotel facing significant financial hardship due to a lay-off, furlough or reduction in hours as a direct result of the Coronavirus Pandemic – COVID-19.
The U.S. Travel Association did a webinar breaking down the CARES Act stimulus package. A recording of the webinar is available on their website. U.S. Travel also has a summary of the benefits, plus a guide to eligibility.
The Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina (EDPNC) is posting and updating a list of current companies that have job openings across the state. Some industries are ramping up production during the crisis and have immediate openings.
As a business leader, or employer of any type in North Carolina, you're facing new challenges from the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. The North Carolina Department of Commerce offers this page of resources to help you navigate common issues you may encounter, as you help your company weather the unusual circumstances COVID-19 has brought to our state.
As North Carolina, the nation and the world battle the effects of the novel coronavirus pandemic, their resources can help Visit NC’s partners navigate business relief, communications, advocacy, research and other needs. Visit NC will update this page with new resources over time.
Alright, Onslow County! Who doesn't love a GIVEAWAY? As we get through these challenging times together by staying home and practicing #socialdistancing, we are promotiong 8️⃣ chances to win over the next 8️⃣ weeks! Below are the comments shared with us during this campaign.